There’s no change, without change. So be the change
Have you ever wanted to change something, but then thought:
- Things aren’t that bad, they could be worse
- I’ll start tomorrow with a clear head
- I’m not sure it’s really me it just doesn’t feel right
- It won’t make that much of a difference there’s not really any point
- It’s just a phase I’m going through, it will pass
- I just can’t commit right now, I’ve got too much on
- I’m too tired
If you answered ‘yes’ you’re probably among the majority of people reading this, as the responses above are some of the common excuses that get in the way of people committing to and making a change.
Change is about moving from how you do things today, to how you do things in the future. Just this sentence alone clearly shows change involves some movement.
“Take the first step. No more, no less, and the next will be revealed.” Ken Roberts
If you don’t make any movements, you stand still. You can even stagnate. Your life never stands still though. Things are moving all the time.
If you want to take the first step, you need to make a commitment to regularly take some quality time away, from the chaos and pressures of work, to focus on yourself.
The first step starts with realising ‘something’ has to change. Then, this ‘thing’ gets in the way; usually guilt, fear, self-confidence, time.
So, you can keep going over your ‘something’ in your head or you can take some time out to
- Acknowledge your ‘something’
- Recognise the ‘thing’ that’s getting in the way
- Turn your ‘something’ into a personal challenge
This is the easy bit!
The next step is to start to make regular movements and commit to making the change. So if you’re ready to be the change you want to be – take action today.
Join our free online community Leadership Starts with You. It’s THE group for leaders and service based business owners who want to show up as their real self and lead with confidence.