What are the areas of focus for Executive Coaching?
The coaching I provide starts with an initial 30 minute complimentary call to learn more about you, your challenges, your motivation to change, and an initial identification of your coaching needs. We also cover what you’re looking for in a coaching relationship, and my coaching approach.
In this initial contact with each other, we are looking for answers to ‘can I work with you?’ and ‘how do I feel about you?’
We also look at the areas of focus for your coaching, which tends to determine how long we work together for.
The specific focus areas vary greatly from client to client, however, the main areas of focus in leadership and executive coaching sessions are usually related to self-leadership, leadership skills, presence and engagement, and relationship building.
Some specific areas of focus I’ve worked on with my senior leader clients are:
- Developing a strong vision
- Identifying personal values
- Identifying and building on core strengths
- Developing resilience and mental toughness
- Coping with time and stress challenges
- Improving communication and interpersonal skills
- Developing effective networks and relationships
- Addressing difficult conversations and conflict management
- Developing inspiring leadership skills
- Developing confidence as a leader
Based on the areas above, our initial conversation would look at 6 sessions spread over 3-6 months. Learn more about previous senior leaders I’ve supported.
Sometimes, there’s a specific thing you want to focus on, then you might benefit from a one-off coaching session.
Areas previous clients have focused on include:
- Setting a clear vision
- Identifying your core values
- Identifying your strengths and what energises you, using Strengthscope® assessment and feedback
- Measure your Mental Toughness, using an MTQPlus assessment and feedback
- Identify your personality type and appreciate differences between people, using MBTI® assessment and feedback
- Identifying your default approach to conflict, using TKI assessment and feedback
- Managing your focus including diary management
A one-off session can be useful to spark ideas, provide personal insights, and improve your skill a bit, but without follow-up sessions to reflect on what went well and what still needs work, it’s difficult to make real and sustainable changes.
If you’d like to learn more about coaching and want to take the next step, let’s have a conversation to see how I can help you:
- Believe in yourself and your abilities as a leader – Instead of experiencing overwhelm and crushing self-doubt, you’ll feel confident, inspired and actively seek opportunities to grow.
- Boost your resilience – Develop the mental and emotional toughness to stop overthinking and stand by your decisions. Discover the tools to address under performance, manage conflict, and clearly express what you think and feel.
- Feel energised and reconnected to your purpose – With a clear vision for yourself and your organisation, you can focus on where you add value and what you do well. You’ll soon feel you’re making a positive contribution at work.
Andrea helps you regain your inner confidence so you can be the real you, and flourish as a leader. Get her FREE Inner Guide to Finding the Real You and take the time to reflect, improve your awareness and improve your confidence.